Sunday, February 28, 2010

Am I an Entrepreneur?

I think we all have the Entrepreneur streak in us, its about letting go off the walls of security we have built around us. I let go of my high paying and a sound career in June 2008 to start something on my own. At that point I wasn't sure about many aspects and what I am getting into. I decided to make the jump!

The first year was experimenting, learning from failed ones is all I could do. Most of the time I faced picking up the wrong partners. Its still not as bad as choosing the wrong life partner, you can make new plans. The first partnership lasted for almost an year when I decided this is not working. I then met my father's new found business associate, he looked like he could really get lot of business. After a few months I realized that it was lot of talking being done here, there was no real customer leads as he always declared.

I decided to work all by myself till I find the right one or ones.  A friend and an ex-colleague approached me on a product he was associated with. He invited me that I can join him and his partner for the sales of the product in India. It looked interesting and I hopped in the train. I was now part of 2 ventures.

So far it has been good, though last week I haven't got good signals from my partners. Their attitude has been high handed and aggressive. Something I don't see working on a long term.

The good news is that my other company CITC has projects for the next 3-4 months. Whats worrying is keeping the pipeline hot!!

2 comments:

  1. These setbacks do have their impact, but the zeal to achieve our goals keeps one going. There is no harm in failing as long as the cost of failing is kept low. And there is always another tomorrow. All the best for the coming future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rajeev for the wishes! I will go on and surely achieve d goals!! :)

    ReplyDelete